Friday 10 August 2012

Wearable Art what next


'Lotus Dress'  (green of course)
- my entry into ATASDA Qld Exhibition - October 2012


Firstly I cut out the green Hemp & Organic cotton fabric.

Then the fun starts in my studio sinks with dyeing the bottom of the panels.


Tie dye  with dark green Procion dye the bottom areas of the skirt pieces


Screen printed lotus flower from the photographic stencil done from my own drawn image. Used 3 colours mixing Algipaste & procion dyes.


With a candle I burnt the edges of different cut fabric circles & sewed together with a bead in the centre. Finally I sewed the dress together & attached the lilypad pieces to the bodice front. Amazingly I'm happy as it fits like a glove & leans on the "wearable" side of WEARABLE  ART





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some comments