Wednesday 25 July 2012

What a blast playing with Encaustic wax

This is a taste of my Encaustic pieces while at a great workshop with Mo Godbeer in Cairns.
                                                       

                        'Sweet'  Encaustic painting with photo, gold pigment & shellac

'Rolling Wave' Encaustic Collage with dyed rust paper & fabric relief

'Golden Land' Encaustic painting with gold pigment & shellac

I know I'm really wacki now that I'm addicted to this as well & can't wait to get stuck into more.


1 comment:

  1. Good stuff Jacki, love the last abstract piece.I have lots of questions about working with wax as I'm only a self taught beginner and experimentalist. What have you used for a support? Do you make your own encaustic medium?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some comments